SEDIMENT CONTROL PRE-CONSTRUCTION NOTICE
Montgomery County, MD
Department of Permitting Services
This document is downloadable in WordPerfect format.
DEPARTMENT OF PERMITTING SERVICES
WATER RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
255 Rockville Pike, Second Floor
Rockville, Maryland 20850-4166
PH: 301-217-6300 FAX: 301-217-6318
THIS NOTICE IS TO FAMILIARIZE THE PERMITTEE WITH GENERAL SEDIMENT CONTROL/STORMWATER REQUIREMENTS.
THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE LIST OF PERMIT CONDITIONS AND PLAN REQUIREMENTS. PLEASE REVIEW YOUR PLANS AND PERMIT THOROUGHLY.
1. INSPECTION REQUESTS MUST BE MADE BY CALLING 217-6301; NO EXCEPTIONS. Inspection requests must be made at least 48 hours in advance. You will need the sediment control permit number, premise address, type of inspection requested and a phone number where you can be reached. You must also call the inspector if you wish to arrange a specific time after calling for the inspection.
Meetings must be confirmed with the inspector.
2. READ AND FOLLOW THE SEQUENCE OF CONSTRUCTION SHOWN ON THE APPROVED PLANS(S).
An approved plan modification must be obtained rom the department to deviate from the sequence of construction.
3. The limits of disturbance must be field marked prior to clearing, installation of sediment control measures, construction, or other land disturbing activities.
4. The permittee must obtain written approval from the MNCPPC inspector (PH: 495-4585) certifying that the limits of disturbance and tree protection measures are correctly marked and installed prior to commencing any clearing.
5. After the pre-construction meeting, you may clear only those areas necessary and approved to install sediment control measures as shown on the approved plan(s). Identify those areas with the inspector at the pre-construction meeting.
6. Call 217-6301 for a sediment control installation inspection. You must obtain WRITTEN approval from the Department before continuing with further grading or site development. A Stop Work Order will be issued immediately if grading proceeds without written approval from the sediment control inspector.
7. Stabilize sediment control measures with seed and anchored straw mulch within 7 calendar days of installation.
8. SEDIMENT BASINS AND STORMWATER MANAGEMENT FACILITIES REQUIRE SPECIFIC, DOCUMENTED INSPECTIONS DURING CONSTRUCTION BY THE DEPARTMENT'S INSPECTOR AND THE PERMITTEE'S ENGINEER.
Confirm these inspection points and the need for testing and documentation with your inspector PRIOR to commencing work.
Pre-cast concrete stormwater management structures require approved shop drawings and inspection prior to installation.
9. Safety fence must be installed around all sediment control devices that pond water greater than 9 feet in width and 18 inches in depth. Safety fence must be 14 gauge welded wire and openings no greater than 2" x 4" and be at least 42" high. Support posts must be maximum of 8 feet apart.
10. Be certain not to go beyond the limits of disturbance on your approved plan. All disturbed areas not to be constructed upon for more than 14 calendar days must be stabilized with seed and anchored straw mulch. A stabilization phasing schedule sill be developed at the pre-construction meeting, and updated as necessary, with the inspector=s approval.
11. KEEP ALL STREETS CLEAN. Precautions, such as a stone construction entrance, must be installed and maintained.
If mud is tracked onto a street, do not wash the mud into storm drains unless the storm drain is diverted to an approved sediment trapping device.
12. ALL SEDIMENT CONTROL DEVICES MUST BE MAINTAINED IN GOOD AND EFFECTIVE CONDITION AT ALL TIMES.
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE YOUR OWN PERIODIC INSPECTIONS AND MAKE NECESSARY REPAIRS PROMPTLY.
Do not wait for the County inspector, as failure to maintain sediment control measures in good and effective condition will result in the issuance of Civil Citations and/or a Stop Work Order without prior warning. You must have a person responsible for sediment control on the site who has successfully completed an Erosion and Sediment Control Certification Program pursuant to state law.
13. SEDIMENT CONTROL DEVICES MAY NOT BE REMOVED OR MODIFIED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM THE SEDIMENT CONTROL INSPECTOR.
14. All official notices, citations, stop work orders, etc., will be issued to the on-site representative of the permittee designated on the attached form.
15. A sediment control permit does not transfer with ownership. The permittee is required to notify the Department by certified mail within 48 hours of any change in ownership. The new owner and lots/parcels affected must be identified.
16. Should you have any questions, please contact your sediment control inspector at the number below or call 217-6301.
17. Additional comments by the inspector:________________________________________________________
Printed Name Signature Phone No. Date
Printed Name Signature Phone No. Date
COPIES: WHITE - INSPECTOR YELLOW - PERMITTEE PINK - CONTRACTOR